Example Data Analysis Assignment
No Due Date
a text entry box, a website url, or a file upload
Using the results from your Google survey:
- Create a Google Presentation
- Include a title slide that contains your name and the name of your survey.
- On your responses spreadsheet, go to "Forms", "Show Summary of Responses"
- Include one slide per graph/ chart/ question found on your summary of responses. You can use Diigo, or Awesome Screen Capture to take a picture to include on the slide.
- For each graph/question answer the following:
- Write a sentence explaining the results. This may be an indication of the majority of responses (ex. The majority of respondents indicated that they like chocolate ice cream better than vanilla.)
- Is there a "mean" or "average"? What is the average? (This would only apply to numerical answers.)
- Why was this graph/chart used to represent the answers to this question (would another graph or chart type have been appropriate also?)--For items with no graph or chart you can omit this question.
- Create a slide with the answers to the following questions.
- What is the population that your survey is intended to represent (students, teachers, RCHS staff and students, etc.)?
- Do you think your results are representative of the entire population? (If you surveyed everyone in that group do you think you would have the same results?)
- Are there any factors (biases) that would affect the results? (gender, age, etc.) Did you collect that data?
- Are there additional questions you wish you had included after viewing your results? (What other things might have given you more information/ understanding?)
- Conclusion: What have you learned, or would you still like to learn based on the results of your survey?
Be sure to change the share settings for your presentation to "Anyone with the link can view." Submit your presentation here.
You've already rated students with this rubric. Any major changes could affect their assessment results.